Access the 2014 boat show's infographic here.
The Progressive® Insurance San Diego International Boat Show®, an annual tradition for Southern Californians, is back at Sheraton Marina through Sunday, June 22 and 20 percent larger, providing visitors more to shop and exhibitors summer sales momentum.
Boating industry by the numbers:
- There are 20 marinas throughout San Diego.
- California ranked as one of the top 10 boating states, generating $431,696,279 in total sales for new powerboats, engines, trailers and accessories in 2013, an increase of 18% over 2012.
- 88.5 million adults went boating in 2013 – one of the highest boating participation numbers on record.
- Fishing remains the most popular activity while boating (57.8%) and San Diego has some of the best sports fishing in the U.S.
- The U.S. recreational boating industry saw healthy growth in 2013, generating $36.7 billion in retail expenditures (new and pre-owned boats and engines, trailers, accessories and services), a 3.2% increase. Retail sales of new powerboats (outboard, inboard, stern drive and jet boats) and sailboats increased 2.2% in units in 2013, to 166,800, according to the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). Early projections indicate the industry will see additional increases in 2014 by as much as 5-7 percent.
- The boat show features nearly 125 local, national and international companies showcasing more than 150 boats, plus hundreds of new gadgets, gear and marine accessories.
- California ranked #4 in boat registrations in 2012 at 776,584 total registered boats.
Thursday, June 19 - Noon to 7 p.m.
Friday, June 20 – Noon to 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 21 – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, June 22 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sheraton Marina in Harbor Island,1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Media should enter at Spanish Landing
$12 – Adults
FREE – Children (15 years & under) and military personnel with proper ID
On-Site Media Contacts: Photos and filming, interviews and additional information are available by contacting c3 Communications, Inc.
Joice Truban Curry / Sean Curry / Juliet O’Day
(619) 540-6611 / (858) 449-6282 / (858) 945-7628 (cells)